Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yosemite and The Coolest Gas Station Ever

My time so far on the east side of the Sierra has been great.  I got to do some good rock climbing and climb one of the most fun routes of my life on the West Ridge of Mt. Conness in Yosemite.  I may actually stay here until I go to Antarctica in mid-September.  There is a part-time job and a room here for me in June Lake, CA.  I was really looking forward to weeks of downtime in Missoula, but like I have said before Missoula will always be there.  There are a lot of places in this part of CA that I have always wanted to spend more time in. 
Climbing on Daff Dome



View of Half Dome

Yosemite

Yosemite



Sierra

Yosemite

Plus the coolest gas station ever is here.  What would make a gas station so great?  You take a simple gas station add good food, live music and neat people then you get the coolest gas station ever. 
The coolest gas station ever

I’m leaving this afternoon to guide a 6-day backpack through northern Yosemite.  It starts on the east side of the Sierra and ends on the western side at Hetch Hetchy dam.  This hike is part of a fundraiser to remove the dam, which like most dams, is pretty useless. 

Yosemite

More info on the restoration of Hetch Hetchy: http://www.hetchhetchy.org/
More information on the trip I am guiding: http://muirsmarch.landingpage.dojiggy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment