Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My First Photography Show: Antarctica: A year in Photos

On February 7th I had my first (and hopefully not last) photo show in Missoula.  I called it Antarctica: A Year in Photos.  It was a ton of work and fun to put on.  I never would have guessed how much time and money it took to get all these photos printed, trimmed and framed.  I did most of the trimming and all the framing myself and loved how something from my computer screen could turn into a tangible piece of art.  

Trimming and framing the first batch of photos.


I sincerely thank everyone who came out to check out the show on the 7th and the weeks afterward when it was still up in the gallery.  And for those of you that have some of these photos hanging on your wall right now I hope you're still loving them.

Lastly, for those of you that don't live in Missoula or never had a chance to make it to the gallery here are some photos of what the gallery looked like when it wasn't full of people.  The photo story starts during my first summer down there and progresses into the sunset to complete darkness to the sun rising again and back to the 24-hour sunlight of the next summer.

A few of the photos are still available for purchase so e-mail me if you're interested.










The section for the People & Machines of Antarctica.

The gallery felt empty right before I took it down because I remembered it the best when it was packed full of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment