Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Friday, April 4, 2014

Leaving Missoula Again….(100 Blog Posts Later)

I started this blog almost two years ago with a post called Leaving Missoula and here I am again, leaving Missoula.  After three amazing months in town the ache in my heart to wander has pulled me away yet again.

Mission Mountains north of Missoula
The plan back then was to drive to Alaska and then spend almost a year in South America working and exploring the continent.  The plan for South America soon turned into a season (four months) in Antarctica, which somehow turned into 14 months in Antarctica.

Nine Pipes Wildlife Refuge
This time I left Missoula for a quick trip to Chicago (where I'm writing this from); London; Johannesburg and Kruger National Park and Cape Town, South Africa; Dubai, UAE and Istanbul, Turkey before coming back to the US for two more Denali Expeditions and then two months climbing in the Peruvian Andes.

Mission Mountains
I didn't really mean for the next 5 months to turn into that, but I have a problem with saying no to travel and fun guiding work.  Some would say I have a problem.


I might miss Missoula more than ever this time.  I found a really great place to live with amazing people that I hated to leave.  I keep telling myself I'll stay in Missoula, but nothing in the near future is looking like that will happen.

Mission Valley
Throughout the next few weeks I'll keep posting photos on my Facebook Photography Page and Instagram and I'll try to keep up with these blog posts.

This is also my 100th blog post!  Not bad for two years, but I'll try to stay on top of them a bit more than usual.


I think my friend Tess says it best in her song "Leaving Montana"

Higgin's Avenue in Missoula

No comments:

Post a Comment