Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The journey is worth more than the destination

We're in Talkeetna now.  Toren says it is the end of the journey; in her mind it is.  I won't accept that since I will need to get to Anchorage in the next week or so.


It was certainly one of the best road trips I've ever been on and definitely the most scenic.  I'm sad it is coming to an end.  I'm excited to get into the Alaska Range and start work, but I can't help but already miss the days on the road.  Things are simple; just keeping an eye on the frost heaves and the gas gauge.  It is not as simple as backpacking, but a distant second.
Alaska Range



Hopefully traveling through South America won't have an end like this since there is no real destination.  The destinations are part of the journey down there.  I guess that Is just how I need to look at this destination--as part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment