Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Antarctic Sunsets Part 1

We've been having some amazing sunsets in McMurdo lately.  I look out the window right now to what should be a beautiful sunset, but all I see is a fading white blur.  The blowing snow and clouds obscure what could be the sun setting behind the Royal Society Range.  This gives me time to go through photos and start a short series of the beautiful views from my dorm room.

View from my room: 3/1/13
I haven't had much time on my hands lately to take photos, but I have found a few moments to open the window to my room and stick the camera out to capture a few sunsets.  I'll work on the backlog of photos that I have and try to get the sunsets up as often as possible.

3/1/13 Sunset
Notice the steam on the water...the air from the south is a bit colder than the warmer water coming from the north.
I need to take advantage of the beautiful light while I can before it all disappears into the Antarctic night.


No comments:

Post a Comment