Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Monday, August 5, 2013

What Happens When I go Through Old Photos Part 3: Desert Southwest

I've always said that my heart is torn between the mountains and the desert.  It is obvious that the mountains and ice have won.  I'm not sure if it is the barren harsh environment that draws me to these places or not.  But also every time I am in the forest I ask myself why I don't spend more time in the trees.  I do know that a trip to the trees and the desert will happen soon after I get out of Antarctica.

The Mittens in Monument Valley.

Hiking through Halls Creek Narrows in Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Grand Canyon National Park.

Agave Plant in Southern Arizona

Saguaro Cactus near Tucson, Arizona

Cholla Sunset near Tucson, Arizona.

I took this while updating the book Hiking Grand Canyon National Park.

Creepy birds

Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona.

Mesa Verde, Colorado.

Yep, I need to go back to the desert soon.  Antarctica isn't the right kind of desert right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment