Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Part 2 of a 3 Part Time-Lapse/Star Trail Series during The Antarctic Winter

Since I've been enjoying creating time-lapse videos this winter I was really excited when I walked through Sunday's storm to retrieve my camera that had been out all night.  I was surprised that the battery had lasted 4 hours and captured 3700 photos.  I let my camera warm up and the snow and ice, that had made its way through the many layers of jackets that the camera was wrapped in, melted it was finally time to check out what happened while I was sleeping.  I was disappointed to find that a thick haze had moved in just an hour after I had set the camera up.  This made about 2500 of those photos useless.  

The final time-lapse of 1200 images shows a pretty neat dance of exhaust from McMurdo and the auroras in the distance.  



The light clouds blocked out most of the stars, but this stack of 1000 photos makes it look like McMurdo is exploding, but its just all the directed the exhaust went during the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment