Moai on Easter Island

Moai on Easter Island

Sunday, July 21, 2013

What Happens When I go Through Old Photos Part 1: South America

I've spent some of my free time over the last week or so going through and editing old photos that have been locked away on my hard drive.  I came across photos of places that I've forgotten that I've been and photos that I've been thinking about for a long time.  While looking back on some of these memories made me feel more trapped here, others gave me a sense of accomplishment and excitement for the next step.  Still not sure when that next step will happen or where it will lead.

Here is the first part of these photos.  They are from various trips to South America over the last few years.

Sunrise on the Northern Patagonia Ice Cap in southern Chile.


The town of Castro on Chiloe Island, Chile.
The Northern Patagonia Ice Cap is the 3rd largest chunk of ice in the world.  Only Antarctica and Greenland are larger.


Acclimatization hike on Fuya Fuya, Ecuador
Fishing boats on Chiloe Island, Chile
Pumalin National Park in Southern Chile.
Machu Picchu in Peru.

View of the Andes from Urus in the Cordillera Blanca Mountains in Peru


Views of the Huandoy Mountains in the Cordillera Blanca range in Peru.
A Hacienda built in the 1500s in Ecuador
One of my favorite views of the Andes in the Cordillera Blanca range in Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment